Centre for Leadership and Human Excellence, Department of Human Resource Management
The Department of HR through its “Centre for Leadership and Human Excellence” aims to provide education and training of consistently high standards through innovative and versatile programmes that contributes to achieving the institution’s strategy, emphasized by clear values and principles.
- To develop Competence inthe field of Academics and Profession among Faculty members and Students.
- To foster a Culture ofMutual respect, personal maturity, integrity and teamwork.
- To develop a strong Ethical Code through Character building, Value consciousness, and Moral integrity.
- To strengthen Societal skills through sensitisation towards the environment.
Activities conducted during the year 2018
Industry Academia Interface (IAI)
This initiative of the HR department is aimed at enabling faculty members to keep abreast with the latest trends in the industry (HR Domain). It also focuses on integrating live industry experiences in classroom teaching. Each faculty member is linked to the HR Head of a company and has regular interactions with them to update themselves on the latest trends and happenings in the industry.
This initiative of the HR department is aimed interaction with the heads of operations of the HR in the industry in order to gain knowledge in the actual day-to-day functioning of HR activities. The interactions with the organizations identified have been conducted during August and September 2017.
The organizations identified for the industry academia interface programme are:
Oracle Financial Software Services,
Kennametal India Pvt Ltd
Membership of Professional Bodies
- All members of the HR department are members of NIPM – Karnataka Chapter.
- Dr.Anupama Malagi is on the expert panel of the Industry Academia Interface of Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- Dr.Shruthi J. Mayur is on the expert panel for Human Resource of Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
Workshop and Seminar
- HR Analytics
- A two day workshop on HR Analytics was organized for the faculty of RVIM. The resource person for this course is Mr Santosh Mishra, Director, Human Capital Foundation, Bangalore.
- A certificate course on HR Analytics was conducted for the students of III Semester MBA opting for HR Specialization. The duration of the course is 30 Hrs. The resource person for this course is Mr Santosh Mishra, Director,Human Capital Foundation, Bangalore.
- A certificate course on Organization Theory and Practice was offered to the I Semester MBA students. The duration of the course was 30 Hrs and was facilitated by Dr Shruthi J Mayur, Associate Professor, Department of HR, RVIM.
HR Symposium on the theme “ Future Fit Talent- Decoding the DNA”
The Department of Human Resources, R V I M, organised HR Symposium on the theme “ Future Fit Talent- Decoding the DNA” on February 24, 2018. A panel discussion was organised as part of the symposium wherein panellists invited were from different sectors like FMCG, IT, Pharma, Consulting and startups. The panelists were:
- Mr Karthik M- Accenture
- Mr Shubasis Chakraborty- ITC
- Mr Abhishek De- Alcon
- Ms Radhika – Glow worm consulting
- Mr Nishant Singh- Redbus
The panelists emphasized on various aspects of HR and how management students can equip themselves to face the present day challenges in terms of technology and its impact on HR and also the crucial role played by Big Data in HR.
NIPM Foundation Day Celebration and Inauguration of Student Chapter:
R.V. Institute of Management in Association with National Institute of Personal Management, Karnataka Chapter, organised NIPM Foundation Day Celebration and had a Seminar on “Employee Engagement and Beyond” on March 17, 2018.
Mr. Sivakumar Venkateswaran, Chief Human Resource Officer, IIMB delivered the Key Note Address. Mr. Ashok Thammayya, Chairman, NIPM-Karnataka Chapter and Director- HR and Country Social Relations, Schneider Electric India Pvt. Ltd; Mr. Girinarayan, Director and HR Mentor, Corporate Cognition India; Mr. Bhaskar Bhandary, Acer India; Mr. Alwyn Misquith, Yokogawa Group of Companies; Mr. Narasimha Murthy, the Director of HR, AutoLiv were the panelists. And the Inauguration of the Student Chapter of NIPM was held on the same day.
An industrial visit was organised for the HR Specialization students of IV Semester on 19th April 2018. The visit was intended to give a practical perspective to the HR students regarding the HR practices adopted.
ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED FOR the year 2017
ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED FOR FACULTY MEMBERS:
- Faculty Development Programme on “UNLOCKING HAPPINESS AT WORK” was conducted on May 24, 2017.
The FDP was held with the main aim to reiterate the fact that happy employees are productive employees. The programme also sought to bring forth how to achieve this in reality. Based on this the objectives of the FDP were outlined as:
- To understand the context of happiness at work
- To explore techniques and interventions to sustain happiness at work
- To facilitate creativity at digitalized workplace
The resource persons were Mr. M G Raghuraman, Co-founder, Ipause Consultants, Bangalore and Ms. Veena Ramagopalan, Co-founder and Director, Inroads Leadership Development, Bangalore.
- Seminar on “Human Values in Management education” on March 21, 2017 was organised for the Faculty Members. The seminar was inaugurated by the Chief Guest and Keynote Speaker Padmashri Dr. H R Nagendra, Hon’ble Chancellor, S-VYASA University, Bangalore. He emphasized the need for self -management and introspection in order to effectively manage stress. The inaugural session was presided over by Sri. A V S Murthy, Hon. Secretary, Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust, Bangalore. The speakers for the various sessions were:
Session I: Dr. S Ranganath, Director, R V Institute of Sanskrit Studies, NMKRV College for Women, Bangalore. He emphasized on the need for Values in Management Education.
Session II: Mr Meghashyam Karanam, Co-Founder & CEO, Megdap Innovation Labs Pvt.Ltd., Bangalore. He spoke on the topic ‘Human Values & Business Management-The (Im)Possible Balance’.
Session III: Dr Thimmappa Hegde, Director & Senior Consultant Neuro Surgeon, Narayana Hrudayalaya, Institute of Neuro Sciences, Bangalore. He enlightened the participants on the topic ‘Spiritual Centred Leadership’.
ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED FOR STUDENTS:
Workshop on CONTEMPORARY HR PRACTICES was organised for the students of II Semester MBA on April 27, 2017. The resource persons invited for the seminar were Ms. Geetha Ramakrishnan, Senior Consultant, T V Rao Learning System, Bangalore; Mr. Amith Prakash, Senior Manager, HCL Technologies, Bangalore and Mr. Albin Rajan, Regional HR Head, Matrimony.com, Bangalore.
Seminar on “Industry Readiness and Realities of Corporate Life” was organised for the students of III Semester MBA on November 8, 2017.The resource persons invited for the seminar were Mr M G Raghuraman, Mr Nitin Goyal, Mr Arvind and Ms Veena, Co-founders of iPause Consultants LLP, Bangalore.
Events conducted for the year 2016
- The Centre for Leadership and Human Excellence, Department of Human Resources organized a Leadership Summit on the theme” Transformational Leadership for the 21st Century on Saturday, 19th March 2016.
The resource persons for the summit were :
- Ms. Revathy Ashok , Founder, Iris Consulting, & Hon. CEO and Managing Trustee, B PAC, Bangalore
- Mr.K.Ullas Kamath, Joint MD & CFO, Jyothy Laboratories, Bangalore
- Mr.M.G.Raghuraman, Senior V P & Chief Information Officer, Mphasis, Bangalore.
Centre for Leadership and Human Excellence, Department of Human Resources has organized a Workshop for the II Sem MBA students on Tuesday, April 26, 2016.
The resource persons for the workshop were:
Topic : Recruitment, Performance and Compensation Management.
IRTS, CEO- Hassan
||Ms. Divya Anand
Sr Manager, Rewards Centre of
Excellence, Flipkart, Bangalore
||Mr Amith Prakash,
Practice Lead , Employee Experience
Centre of Excellence, HCL
|Human Resource Planning
and Recruitment Practices
Centre for Leadership and Human Excellence, Department of Human Resources has organized Faculty Development Programme on Thursday,
May 19, 2016 on the theme STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.
The resource persons for the FDP were :
||Dr. Pallab Bandyopadhyay
Leadership Architect, Career Coach,
Change and Transition Specialist
|Strategic Options and HR Decisions
Director, Agora Analytics, Bangalore
|SHRM and Business Performance
Director, Megdap Innovation Labs
|Linking HR Strategy with Business Strategy
Activities conducted for the year 2015
Seminar on ‘Performance management and Employee relations’- Brief Report
Centre for leadership and Human Excellence, Department of Human resources has organized a seminar on topic ‘Performance management and Employee relations’ for the II Sem MBA students on 17th April 2015.There were three sessions handled by three Resource persons :
Session 1: Industrial Relations. ( 9.00 am-11.00am)
The Resource person for this session was Mr.Vittala Rao, Senior Management Consultant. He stressed upon the need for good interpersonal relationships in the organization. He also emphasized on the fact that as managers, a thorough understanding of human behavior at work is essential in order to overcome any conflicting situations.
Session 2: Compensation Management (11.15 pm- 1.15 pm )
The Resource Person invited for the session was Dr.Sam Jobin Manohar, Director, Learning and Organization Development, APTEAN.He spoke about the various motivational as well as the hygiene factors pertaining to the job satisfaction. He used various industry illustrations to explain the concepts related to compensation management.
Session 3: Performance Management ( 2.00 pm-4.00pm)
The Resource person invited for the session was Mr.S.Gagarin, IRTS, CEO, Hassan-Mangalore Rail Service. He spoke about the importance of performance appraisal, various types of appraisals and how these appraisal systems have to be adapted according to the organizational needs.
Faculty Development Programme on ‘Human capital Management for Organizational Effectiveness’-Brief Report
Centre for leadership and Human Excellence, Department of Human resources has organized a Faculty Development Programme on ‘Human capital Management for Organizational Effectiveness’ on 8th April 2015.The inaugural session was held at 10.30am.There were three sessions handled by three Resource persons :
Session 1: “Understanding Change Management and its implications in leadership-current practices and future ahead” ( 11.00 am-1.00pm)
The Resource person for this session was Dr.Pallab Bandyopadhay, Leadership architect, Career Coach, Change and Transition Specialist.
Session 2: “ Bridging the Generation Gap” (2.00pm-3.30 pm)
The Resource Person invited for the session was Mr.Bhasker Bhandary, Senior Director- Human Resources, Acer India limited.
Session 3: “ Building Trust Proactively for successful stakeholder management in business”
The Resource person invited for the session was Mr.M.G.Raghuraman,Senior Vice president and chief information officer, Mphasis.
The valedictory programme was held at 5.15 pm and certificates were distributed to the participants.
Workshop on Knowledge Management for IV Sem Students
Centre for leadership and Human Excellence, Department of Human resources has organized a workshop on the topic ‘Knowledge Management’for the IV Sem MBA students on 28th April 2015.
The resource person for the workshop was Ms.Pushpa Menon, Director, Learn to Empower, Bangalore.
HR Department Updates for the month of June- July 2015
The Department of Human Resources has conducted the PG Diploma in applied HR Practices for the HR Specialization students of III and IV Semester MBA. The papers included were pertaining to statutory compliances , Core HR areas and skill development in terms of Advanced Excel and Payroll Software. The objectives of this PG Diploma are:
-To bridge the academia and industry gap in functional areas ofManagement.
-To provide additional qualification as a value addition to build bettercareer.
- To equip the students with required knowledge and skill in their respective areas of specialization.
The examination was conducted on 27 June, 2015.
Faculty Development Programme on ‘Effective Teaching of Concepts in Organisational Behaviour’ 30th September, 2015
Centre for leadership and Human Excellence, Department of Human resources has organized a Faculty Development Programme on ‘Effective Teaching of Concepts in Organisational Behaviour’ on 30th September,2015.The inaugural session was held at 9.30am with the keynote address .There were three sessions handled by three Resource persons :
Key Note Address: Mr.Meghashyam Karanam, Director, Prostinnovations.com
Session 1: “Transactional Analysis Concepts and its Relevance to Organisational Behaviour” ( 11.15 am-12.45pm)
The Resource person for this session was Dr.Ashok.H.S, Professor, Department of Psychology, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
Session 2: “ Personality: An influencing factor in human interactions” (12.45pm-2.15 pm)
The Resource Person invited for the session was Dr.Shubha Madhusudan, consulting psychologist, Fortis Hospital, Bangalore.
Session 3: “ O D Interventions”
The Resource person invited for the session was Dr.R. Krishna, CEO, Ramanuja Management Services, Bangalore.
The valedictory programme was held at 5.00 pm and certificates were distributed to the participants.
Events held in the month of October, November and December 2015:
- The Centre for Leadership and Human Excellence, Department of Human Resources organized a Seminar for the III Sem MBA HR specialization students on the theme ‘Enhancing Employability skills” Tuesday , October 20, 2015.
The resource persons for the seminar are:
||E Q: The submerged iceberg
IRTS, CEO- Hassan
||11.15 am-1.15 pm
of employability skills
|Mr. Bhasker Bhandary,
Senior Director HR, Acer India
||2 pm-4 pm
||The Brand You
||Mr Varada Murthy,
Founder, People First Leadership
Activities conducted for the year 2014
Activities conducted for students:
- A seminar on the topic 'Personality Development' was organized for the first semester MBA students on September 29, 2014.The sessions on 'Goal setting and Time Management' was engaged by Col. Vijayasarathy, Bangalore and 'Interpersonal Relations at Work' was engaged by Mr.R. Srinagesh, Bangalore.
- On the theme “Campus to Corporate” was organised for III Semester MBA – HR Specialisation students of 2012-14 batch on 7th November 2013. The Resource Persons were Mr. Girish Manimaran, Trainer and Executive Coach, Still Water Consulting, Bangalore and Mr. Ashok Narayan, Director, Open Mind Learning Systems, Bangalore.
- Seminar on “Performance Management system and Employee Relationship Management” conductedfor III Semester MBA students on 26th November 2014. The session was handled by Ms. Sukanya , Corporate trainer, HR House, Bangalore.
- Workshop on “Lessons in Leadership” was organised for First semester MBA students on January 11, 2014. Resource person was Mr. Amith Prakash, Regional Head (South and West), Corporate Global HR-Employee Engagement, HCL Technologies Limited, Bangalore.
- Workshop on “Using Knowledge Management in Strategic Planning within an Enterprise” for second semester MBA students on May 26, 2014. Resource Person was Mr. Soumen Choudhury, Deputy Manager – Human Resources, Forge and Foundry Division, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Bangalore.
- Workshop on “Johari Window and Transactional Analysis - Tools for Organizational Effectiveness” organised for the I Semester MBA students on 25th November 2014. The session was handled by Ms. Sukanya and Ms. Anubha, Corporate trainers, HR House, Bangalore.